Thursday 30 April 2020

On Becoming a Hermit, Sort of ... Day 44

Day 44
(Wednesday, 29th April 2020)

Lay awake half the night, it seems, thinking through dance moves for the video I need to submit for Hallmark of Harmony's latest song. It is to be an audio/video compilation of Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in The Dark", to be presented at BABSLive, the online event that is replacing the actual annual convention at the end of May. I've submitted the audio recording of me singing my part, which has gone into the mix. Just need to get this video done now. 

Tai Chi class this morning with David Lipka, via Zoom of course. More great insight into the finer subtleties within all the moves of the slow form. I've inserted a couple of links for anyone who'd like to get an idea of how Wu style Tai Chi looks from two senior exponents of the art: Yorkshire Chi and Yuen Hong Nin.

Another Zoom meet up with fellow singers from Fox Valley Voices this evening, was a welcome chat and catch up.

As for the Street (Sycamore Road, that is), there are plans for a street 'party' for VE Day next week (strictly on 4th May, but now moved by decree to the May bank holiday on Friday, 8th May). I have equivocal feelings about this. On the actual day itself - 4th May 1945 - yes I would have rejoiced and had a right knees up of a party to celebrate the end of the war, but this time, despite the significance of the anniversary, the 75th, and each year, it is a time to remember the horrors of WW2 (not forgetting WW1) the hundreds of thousands of lives lost or permanently scarred by it and to be thankful. I therefore feel a street party with drinking and eating is not appropriate. We can have a street party any other time, but specifically on VE Day, I'm not keen. 

Clemency Burton-Hill's choice of music for today is: String Quartet with Didjeridu, No.14 ('Quamby') 1: Prelude by Peter Sculthorpe. As its name suggests, this is classical music with a didgeridoo (spelt differently). It works brilliantly, in my view. Nice one Mr Sculthorpe.



However you may be affected by anything I've written here, do let me know by leaving a comment below or, if you prefer not to, talk to a loved one, a friend or someone you trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without letting me know what this article made you think, how it made you feel ... good or bad, I'll take either.